(812) 723-3905

Emma Says: My Animation Nation

Cartoons have been around since the beginning of TV. I am sure many of you remember a favorite cartoon you watched as a kid. To me, cartoons are a good source of entertainment for people of all ages, but most of us do not watch them anymore.

A cartoon that has had a great amount of success since its start is Adventure Time. It is about a human boy and his magical stretching dog going on crazy adventures together, (hence the name).

Finn and Jake’s adventures make the audience laugh not only at their crazy personalities, but also their stupidity.

Another newer cartoon is Regular Show. Though not as popular as Adventure Time it does have the on pre-teens and teens focus Adventure Time does. The show is about a raccoon and a blue jay who can act like humans and work at a park. They also get into crazy situations, which are mostly supernatural. Audiences find these situations funny and weird and often laugh at the situations the main characters find themselves in.

Like every good thing, these shows do have some down sides. Adventure Time has its not-so-funny episodes that go into more serious subjects, which some people might turn away from. Regular Show is a little different story. It can be very immature at times, and some people, like me, usually change the channel when it goes a little overboard with the immaturity.

Even though these shows can be stupid and immature, they are still very interesting to watch. People today have to realize that stupid and immature is the trend, and has always been the trend, with cartoons. I think that these shows will continue to be a success, but their era must end sometime, or it will get old. Like the ever popular SpongeBob, they will turn into a repetitive and creepy cartoon that people will grow tired of and never want to see again.

Story by Emma Walker