News to know
Mock Crash Returns Thursday Morning
Kaylee Baxter, Staff Writer • March 28, 2024
News to know
School Gets Emergency Kits
Kaylee Baxter, Paolite Staff Writer • March 27, 2024
Members of Tri-Hi-Y pack boxes to send to soldiers.
Sending Our Love
Ada McSpadden, Photo Gallerists • March 27, 2024

(812) 723-3905

Review: Becht Approves “Halo 3: ODST”

Hey guys, I am back with another review. Did you miss me? Sure you did. Well over the weekend I played this game called Halo 3: ODST. I know you are wondering why this one, why not Halo 3 or Halo 4?

To understand why I chose Halo 3: ODST instead of any other Halo, let me break down the flows.

First off, Halo 1 and 2 had poorly designed graphics.

Then Halo Wars was just horrible because it was in sky view and you didn’t get to play as the main characters.

Halo Universe had a great story but a lot of spikes (which is when the screen freezes or is when the game just turns off).

Halo 3 had everything going good until they made the levels, there were too many levels and when you tried to play multiplayer you would always get lost or it would teleport you to a complete different place, Halo Reach Had great graphics and storyline, except when it came to the multiplayer there was a lot of lag and spikes.

Then Halo 4 just had a bad ending. Now, 343 Industries and Microsoft are making Halo 5.

So that takes me back to ODST, released by Bungie in September of 2009, which brought to the game mode Firefight.

Firefight leaves the player alone with limited ammunition and waves of the Covenant, aliens who are trying to take over the world, and try to survive.

Now let’s get into the money side, Halo 3: ODST sold about 3 million copies worldwide, more than Halo 1 and 2 combined. It was the most sold game in the month it was released. It was declared by Softpedia, Time and Wired to be the number one game of the years of making the franchise of Halo.

In the game the player is an Orbital Drop Shock Trooper, or an ODST for short, and you are trying to find the rest of the team. It’s not simple though, the player is in the dark, alone and limited on ammo. There are huge battles and little fights.  He flies banshees and can kill a group of Covenant with a single handgun. Other than that it is a great game.

Oh, and there are a lot of hidden things in the game. I’m not going to tell you, you are going to have to find them yourself.

Review by Chaz Becht