The Next Generation Scholarship Opens October 1

Contact Rachel Robinson for more information

PHS Media Staff

Make sure your following PHS Media News for all your Announcements and School updates.

Stella Windhorst, Hillcrest Yearbook Staff

The Next Generation scholarship is a great opportunity to earn money for students who are looking to pursue a future career in education. It is offered to 200 high-school students each year. The scholarship offers students a chance to earn $7,500 each academic year for four years. 

Seniors must meet one of three graduation requirements: be in the top 20% of your high school graduating class, be in the top 20% in ACT or SAT scores, or have at least a 3.5 GPA. Students who receive the scholarship must teach for five years at an Indiana high school after graduating college. If not, the scholarship must be repaid. 

“Make sure to watch the deadlines and apply by then. Complete your FAFSA and double-check the program requirements. It doesn’t hurt to apply and ask questions if you need help,” said Counselor Rachel Robinson. 

Apply for the scholarship from October 1, 2022, until January 31, 2023. Complete the application in Scholar Track. Scholarship statuses will be sent out by March 24, 2023. Contact Robinson for more information or questions at [email protected].