New Student Resource in Guidance Office

PHS Media Staff

IU College Advising Corps’ Advisor Josie Roser is located in the guidance office, if you need any questions answered about college.

Peyton Baker, Sports Writer

A new face has been added to the guidance office staff with the goal of supporting students headed to college. Serving as Indiana University’s College Advising Corps’ Advisor (IUBAC Advisor), Josie Roser has a multitude of duties working both here at PHS and at Crawford County High School, the school she graduated from in 2018.

Roser’s job is to help seniors figure out what they want to do after high school, and give them as many opportunities and pathways as possible — whether it is college, trade schools, apprenticeships or joining any branch of the military.

I want to make kids happy, as well as I want to give back to the community, and the surrounding communities because they helped raise me to become the woman I am today

— IUBAC Advisor Josie Roser

“I help kids with their college applications [and] look for scholarships that could impact where they want to go. I am building relationships with the kids so they feel more comfortable to come to talk to me, I help kids get in touch with recruiters, but most importantly, I am here to help the kids be happy and focused with where they want their next steps and life to be, as well as making sure they get there!” said Roser.

After graduating from Crawford, Roser went to and graduated from Indiana University Bloomington in July 2022 where she earned her Bachelor’s degree in kinesiology, with her focus being on Sports Marketing and Management. She also triple minored: Kinesiology Coaching, Tourism, Hospitality, Event Management (THEM) and Hospitality Services.

“I want to make kids happy, as well as I want to give back to the community, and the surrounding communities because they helped raise me to become the woman I am today!” said Roser.