Annual Photo Show Returns
Annual Photo Show Returns
Lola Beavers, Paolite Staff Writer • May 2, 2024
The JAG Closet is setting up for the giveaway to be held May 2-3.
Summer is Coming
Ian Sullivan, Video Creator • May 1, 2024

(812) 723-3905

Snacks in PACT

Heather Nichols
News to Know

The PHS Food Pantry is for students who can stop by the PACT room and get food when needed. The food pantry is for hungry students who need food for an upset stomach, even food to take home.

PACT Sponsor Jodi Henry runs the project.

“Students have always stopped by when they have needed a snack to get them through the day, Pop Tarts, granola squares, water, and many other reasons been stopping by and using the pantry since last year, but I have different food for them to choose from. Students feel free to stop by my room,” said Henry. 

Members of PACT can make up bags to take home or drop them off at houses for families in need. Some items available are Pop-Tarts, Cup of Ramen, Cup of rice, water, mac-n-cheese cups, canned soup, variety pack chips, granola bars, and Hug drinks. Other snacks available are Little Debbie snacks, cheese crackers, peanut butter crackers, popcorn, and Slim Jims. 

Some items PACT would like for students to take home are traditional food pantry donations, including pasta, sauces, peanut butter, jelly, cereal, canned foods, and soups.

PACT would also take donations like microwavable safe plates, cups, and bowls to use at school.

“Junior high and high school is already a stressful time for students. Needing food at home or here at school shouldn’t be one of them. It is harder to focus in class and get work completed if you are hungry or thinking about not having enough food at home,” said Henry. 

The Food Pantry also helps Henry make better connections with students in need.

“Starting the student food pantry allows me to help relieve some of that. It also allows me to build better connections with students. They quickly realize that I am someone they can come to for anything and I will do what I can to help them. Having that support at school can make all the difference in a student’s life,” said Henry.

Anyone interested in donating to the project can contact Henry or the PHS office.