(812) 723-3905

Back in Business

Peddler’s Market Returns Wednesday
Jadlyn Lee
Senior Taisha Robbins takes a customers money.

Peddler’s Market will open and run on this week’s Early Release Day on April 3. The Market originally began in the mid-1990s and ended with the founder’s retirement in 2013.
Last year, History Teacher Chris Lindley brought this tradition back. After the event was over last spring, the homeroom that made the most money was Kassi Harkness’s homeroom, which earned the group $454.75 with the jail.
Peddlers Market allows students to learn how to run small businesses and have fun patronizing other businesses. Each homeroom creates its own business and competes against each other for the most interaction from students.
“The goal is foremost to increase employability skills like planning, collaboration, problem-solving, decision making, initiative, and communication. The second goal is to help students experience the basics of operating a business. Thirdly, we have our usual goal of creating fun experiences at PHS that help make this a place people want to be!” said Lindley.
Peddlers Market allows students to buy and sell everything from food to activities, so be sure to bring money.