AVID students recently traveled to Hanover College to learn more about the college and celebrate the end of the year. Here is a look at their trip.
AVID Travels to Hanover
Garrett Cook, PHS News Today Floor Director • April 17, 2024
Growing Green
Growing Green
Lillian Hall, Paolite Features Editor • April 17, 2024

(812) 723-3905

Agan’s Final Decision

Kate-Lynn Agan has gone through a vast variety of career choices. Agan has always been invested in the medical field since a very young age.

“When I first started thinking about what I wanted to be when I grew up, it was definitely a doctor. I realized how hard it would be to accomplish that, so I decided on nursing,” said Agan.

Agan has been taking health care related classes. During her junior year, Agan signed up for Health Science II, which allows students to intern at nursing homes and hospitals to work towards earning a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) license.

“I went into the program hopeful and thinking this is what I’m going to spend the rest of my life doing. Well, I was wrong. I loved helping people but it didn’t take long for me to realize that I didn’t have the emotional capability to handle what it took to work in a hospital or with very confused or needy people,” said Agan.

Agan eventually withdrew from those classes, shortly after feeling like she had hit a dead end. After thinking through her options, she realized there was one more thing that still held her interest at the hospital: radiology.

More specifically, she is interested in sonography. She had a growing interest in child development, and as a sonographer, one can see developing babies and not have to deal with such traumatizing cases.

“I don’t do well with trauma, and I wouldn’t be able to tell someone bad news. I feel this way it’s more of a happy hospital job, and it’s still helping people.”

Agan is now preparing for the future; she’s starting to build a career she will be very enthused about for a long time.

“I’ve decided that this is what I’m going to college for. I’ve turned in applications and I’m dead set,” said Agan.

Story By Chelsea Conrad

Mug By Morgan Dotts

Agan_K_WEB