AVID students recently traveled to Hanover College to learn more about the college and celebrate the end of the year. Here is a look at their trip.
AVID Travels to Hanover
Garrett Cook, PHS News Today Floor Director • April 17, 2024
Growing Green
Growing Green
Lillian Hall, Paolite Features Editor • April 17, 2024

(812) 723-3905

Graham’s Beauty Tips

While it may seem tempting to spend your money buying that must-have shade of eye-shadow that you’ve been wanting for weeks, or that mascara in the commercial that has been playing on TV not-stop, it is crucial to first invest money in a quality set of make-up brushes. For the face, two routes seem to work the best.

If you use liquid foundation, I recommend a Beauty Blender. This is a more advanced version of the average makeup sponge; the principle is the same, but the Beauty Blender comes with the advantage of being eco-friendly. It is washable with its partner product, Blender Cleanser, and one is all you need.  It even comes with instructions to teach you those little tips and tricks that can help you achieve a flawless look. Both of these products can be purchased in a kit for around $40.

If, like me, you prefer a powder foundation, I recommend a Kabuki brush. These are usually made out of coarse bristles, packed tightly together. They work by actually “buffing” the powder into your skin, providing a natural look, maximum coverage and long-lasting make-up. Simply hold the brush at the base, close to the bristles and smooth over your skin in circular motions. Bare Escentuals makes a good Kabuki brush for $28, but there are cheaper versions available at Walmart.

For the eyes, three must-have brushes that can create any make-up look. The first is the lid brush; this is used to simply apply an even layer of eye shadow over the entire eyelid. The second is the blender brush, which is used to add a darker color to the crease of the eyelid, and to blend. The third and final brush is the smudger brush, which is used to soften up hard edges in your eye shadow, and also lessen the harsh look that eyeliner can sometimes create. Popular make-up brand, Too Faced, makes a kit that includes all three of these for $39.

All of these products can be found at Sephora.

Blog by Alyson Graham