AVID students recently traveled to Hanover College to learn more about the college and celebrate the end of the year. Here is a look at their trip.
AVID Travels to Hanover
Garrett Cook, PHS News Today Floor Director • April 17, 2024
Growing Green
Growing Green
Lillian Hall, Paolite Features Editor • April 17, 2024

(812) 723-3905

Lights Out at PHS: Astronomy Club

Resource teacher Bill Johnson is sponsoring a new club for the 16-17 school year, astronomy club. Johnson is a huge astronomy fan and he decided to take his love for it and create a club.

“I love astronomy because it is so peaceful to go out on cool clear nights and just enjoy the beautiful sky,” said Johnson.

Members will be looking into the sky to see constellations, meteor showers, planets, and even the space station.

“We will also look up and see if there is anything exciting happening in the sky during any particular week,” said Johnson.

The first meeting was planned for today during homeroom (the room has not been chosen yet). Starting off, meetings will be strictly discussing rules and guidelines. Members might start to do activities and have meetings in the evening when it gets darker earlier.

“It means a lot to me to be able to share my passion with other adults and kids as they look through a telescope for maybe the first time and observe the rings of Saturn, moons of Jupiter and other deep sky objects that you cannot see with the naked eye,” stated Johnson.

Story by Sara Kesterson