News to know
School Gets Emergency Kits
Kaylee Baxter, Paolite Staff Writer • March 27, 2024
Members of Tri-Hi-Y pack boxes to send to soldiers.
Sending Our Love
Ada McSpadden, Photo Gallerists • March 27, 2024

(812) 723-3905

Lewellyn’s Hopes for Volleyball

In 2002, the PHS girls volleyball team won their first Sectional. For years, the girls could not get past a rough competition, until 2016. The volleyball team had successfully won Sectional for the first time in over a decade. This was a huge step for Paoli history, as the girls made it to the first round of Semi-State against Covenant Christian. The Rams fell in three sets, but the girls continue to strive for a State trophy. Sophomore Kaden Lewellyn was a part of this school history.
“I want to go back to Semi-State and finish what we started,” said Lewellyn.
Lewellyn has been part of the Paoli volleyball program for almost six years and counting. Being a freshman in last year’s Sectional and Regional victories, Lewellyn is prepared and determined to conquer any team, including new Sectional opponent Christian Academy. She knows if the team can put it away from the first point and work hard, there should be no problems for the future.
“I love volleyball because it’s my favorite sport and I never get tired of it,” said Lewellyn.
Lewellyn’s favorite postions to play are all around for JV and an outside or right side hitter for varsity. Lewellyn is starting to like passing more and is becoming more confident at serving. Though she claims that it does not matter what she does, her all time favorite is outside hitting.
“I really hope we can put things together to do what we strive for,” said Lewellyn.
Lewellyn is confident her teammates can do anything as long as they work together. She is very excited for the season and has high hopes for everyone, including herself. For Lewellyn, every practice is a chance to get better.
“It has been rough, but I am getting familiar without coach Casey Bowles,” said Lewellyn.
Lewellyn feels the biggest difference from last year’s season of volleyball is getting used to the new coaches. This year, Lewellyn plays under assistant varsity coach Chelsea Shupe and JV coach Mark House. All of the new people in the program are finally becoming familiar to Lewellyn. She is excited for her team and hopes to grow closer and closer.
Lewellyn plans on playing volleyball after high school. She is not for sure where, but she knows that she cannot stop playing the sport that she loves.

Story by Kinley Block