AVID students recently traveled to Hanover College to learn more about the college and celebrate the end of the year. Here is a look at their trip.
AVID Travels to Hanover
Garrett Cook, PHS News Today Floor Director • April 17, 2024
Growing Green
Growing Green
Lillian Hall, Paolite Features Editor • April 17, 2024

(812) 723-3905

Dittmer’s Rams Gearing Up for Season

As spring inches closer and closer, the Rams softball team is working diligently to prepare for their upcoming season. The team is lead by head coach Neil Dittmer, who has been working with the girls for several weeks now to get them in shape for the season.

“We have been working out with the non-basketball players. We work on conditioning and skill development,” said Dittmer.

The girls meet every day after school and head to the batting cage. Coach Dittmer has put a special emphasis on the offensive side of softball this year.

“We have been working a lot on hitting, especially the mental side of it. We have to be better at the plate this year if we want to be really good,” said Dittmer.

At this point, the Lady Rams softball team has yet to win a Sectional, and this year, the team is looking to change that. The team has the dedication and the drive to get it done this year. Coach Dittmer has already set some goals for the season that he and the girls will work intensely toward.

“We want to win Conference and get our first ever Sectional title,” said Dittmer.

The team will keep preparing and working hard for their upcoming season. The ladies and coaches are eager for the 2018 softball season to arrive. The Lady Rams have their first game on March 31 against the Henryville Hornets.

Story by Hunter Hamilton