AVID students recently traveled to Hanover College to learn more about the college and celebrate the end of the year. Here is a look at their trip.
AVID Travels to Hanover
Garrett Cook, PHS News Today Floor Director • April 17, 2024
Growing Green
Growing Green
Lillian Hall, Paolite Features Editor • April 17, 2024

(812) 723-3905

Tri-Hi-Y Continues Community Service

Tri-Hi-Y Continues Community Service

Tri-Hi-Y is a nonprofit organization at PHS that works to help other charities and groups in need. It is sponsored by English teacher Maria Wishart, and the club has 21 members participating this year.

Club members include seventh graders William Barton and Taisha Robbins; freshmen Luke Gibson and Jeremiah Jones; sophomores Chandler Hinton, Gavin Bissonette, Ben Tapp and Triston Robbins; juniors Mary Jones, Loveneet Kaur, Makayla Chism, Kayla Tedrow and seniors Geri Baker, Madison Collins, Cicaley Moffat and Tabbi Robbins.  

Club officers are senior President Jenna Prater, sophomore Treasurer Tara Robbins and senior Secretary Tessa Robbins. Sophomore Christian Ruth and junior Sassy Albright are on the officer committee as well.

Last year, the club raised money and donated to Shop with a Cop and Smile Train. Shop with a Cop is where police officers take kids shopping and help their families buy them presents for Christmas. Smile Train is a group that goes to different countries and helps kids with clefts. Tri-Hi-Y also made hats for children in hospitals as well as soldiers.

“Last semester, Tri-Hi-Y raised money for different groups around the world. They donated to Build the Barn by selling ice cream, sold donuts to raise money for senior Kayle Kibler and held a fundraiser for Operation Christmas Child by selling ice cream,” said Tara Robbins.

Many charity organizations have been fortunate that Tri-Hi-Y has been hosting many fundraisers to raise money for many charities in the community. “We plan on selling donuts and coffee, holding a dodgeball tournament, having a talent contest and selling candy grams for a fundraiser this semester,” said Robbins.

The club is still deciding where they want to donate the money they raised from last semester, but right now, they are looking at sending the money raised to help with Special Olympics or to help with the Kayle Kibler fundraising.

Tri-Hi-Y meets every Thursday morning in the conference room if anyone is interested in joining.

Story by Lili Seals