AVID students recently traveled to Hanover College to learn more about the college and celebrate the end of the year. Here is a look at their trip.
AVID Travels to Hanover
Garrett Cook, PHS News Today Floor Director • April 17, 2024
Growing Green
Growing Green
Lillian Hall, Paolite Features Editor • April 17, 2024

(812) 723-3905

Paoli Bids Farewell to Coach Lowery

He is the voice people hear as they stroll through the hallways, the teacher who teaches some of the most important life lessons and the coach in the middle of the football huddle prepping a 50 player team for a Sectional win.

Jeremy Lowery has been the head football coach and JAG instructor for two years. In Lowery’s short time as head coach, he accomplished a 21-4 record and two conference wins, along with a Sectional title this past season.

On February 12, Lowery was officially hired as La Porte High School’s new head football coach and strength coach. La Porte is located in Northern Indiana and is about 35 miles from where Lowery himself graduated high school.

This was a hard decision because I love my job at Paoli. My experience at Paoli has been incredible. The relationships built here with our students, faculty and staff members and our administration has made a lasting impression on me and my family,” said Lowery.

The news was bittersweet to hear for all who have worked with Lowery.

Athletic Director and former assistant football coach Darek Newkirk was just as thrilled to hear the news as he was saddened.

“Over the past few years, it’s been great to know and work with Coach Lowery. When he first came here, we coached offensive line together, and I learned a lot from him. These past few years, I was the athletic director when he was the coach. We had a great working relationship,” said Newkirk. “He works well with others, cares about the kids, Paoli and football. He is very passionate and is a go-getter full of energy. I will miss our conversations not only about football, but about life. I wish the very best for him at La Porte.”

Lowery’s impression on the faculty expands further to Offensive Coordinator Neil Dittmer, who coached with Lowery for eight years.

His passion and knowledge of football has helped me grow as a coach and as a person. He truly cares about the success of each one of his players and coaches he works with and wants nothing but the best for them. I have been very lucky to have been able to coach with him,” said Dittmer.

From coaching to being a friend, Lowery always found a way to to be both to all players and coaches he encountered. Senior Tyson Lawson played for Lowery in his two years as head coach along with his years as an assistant coach.

“Coach Lowery has impacted my life both on and off the field. Not only did he help me grow as an athlete, but he also helped me grow as a person. He’s taught me so many life lessons that I’ll thankfully have for the rest of my life. Most importantly, he was a role model and someone I could come to with anything, and I thank him for that,” said Lawson.

Lowery’s last days at PHS were spent bidding farewells and thanking everyone for all the help in his years at Paoli.

“I want to thank everyone for their amazing commitment, support and love for our football program here. I will forever cherish the friendships and memories this school and community has given my family,” said Lowery. “I want everyone to rest assured that our football and JAG programs will continue go on and accomplish great things in the future. I know this because I have witnessed the drive and passion in the hearts of our students. I know we will all strive to BE OUR BEST!”

_MG_8032

Story by Maggie Vincent