(812) 723-3905

Annual Photo Show to be Held May 1

On Wednesday, May 1, the Paoli High School Journalism Department will be hosting their twelfth annual Photo Show. It will be located in the Ruth Farlow Uyesugi Auditorium lobby, beginning at 12 p.m. and lasting until 5 p.m. The event is open to the public as well as anyone in the high school.

The photo show gets better and better every year, and the competition for who will win which display gets a bit more aggressive,” said senior photography student Mahalia Taylor.

While at the show, guests can vote for which display is their favorite, and the photographer with the most votes will win the “Best in Show” award and a $50 prize. In addition to voting, guests can also purchase any photos they like. One dollar of the proceeds will go to the journalism department, but the remainder of the profit will go directly to the student.

The Photo Show is about so much more than photography, though the photos are a big part of it. The Show is about learning how to put a large presentation together, talk to the public and defend your work. I love going to the show and seeing lots of people interact with the students’ work. I am always so proud of what they accomplish at the show,” said journalism adviser Heather Nichols.

Story by Michael Hannon