FCA’s See You At The Pole Event Returns

On Wednesday September 28 students attended the annual See You At The Pole

Nadia Garcia

More stories from Nadia Garcia

Senior Wyatt Blankenship leads the group in song during See You At The Pole.

On Wednesday September 28, students gathered around the flagpole for the annual See You At The Pole.
This event is celebrated nationwide for fellow Christians to worship and pray.
This year senior Wyatt Blankenship led the event with songs.
“It was an honor to be able to sing with and for PHS students! It was great to see people that you’d never usually see in the same room together all come together for prayer and worship,” said Blankenship.
Students involved in the Fellowship of Christian Athletes led the prayer groups.
Senior Lara Brace reflects on her leadership role.
“It was a great experience for me. I loved the opportunity to get to come together and lead a prayer group with my friends,“ said Brace.
FCA Sponsor Chris Lindley expresses his feelings about the event.
“I very much appreciated all the students and supportive adults who gathered to pray for our school, students, and staff, as well as our community and world. I have been so impressed with the student leaders of FCA this year. They have really stepped up to encourage participation and to actively participate themselves in guiding what we are doing as an organization. They are leading the Bible studies and offering testimonies at our meetings, making our HOPE (Helping Others, Providing Encouragement) meetings on Wednesday mornings happen, and developing new plans of engagement for our school. The weather was probably the chilliest we’ve experienced for a SYATP event, but the fellowship, music, prayers, and donuts were great,” said Lindley.