(812) 723-3905

Ram Recap

Olivia McSpadden
Junior Josh Zapien drives the ball.

On Tuesday, April 9, the Rams golf team hosted Springs Valley and Orleans for a meet. The Rams came in third place with a team score of 184. Orleans came in first with 168, Springs Valley finished with 180, and Paoli had a combined team score of 184 on the night.

“I thought it played well, but there is always improvements to be made,” said junior Brian Fullington.

The Boys Varsity Track team placed third against Springs Valley and Mitchell on Tuesday, April 9. The Blackhawks placed first with 99 points, the Mitchell Bluejackets came in second with 49 points, and the Rams came in third with 8 points. 

“A lot of people tried new events tonight and we really appreciate their willingness to move around spots on the team to find the best placement,” said Head Coach Cara Hall. 

The only placements for the Rams were junior William Baker’s second-place finishes in the 200-meter dash and high jump. 

The Lady Rams also placed third with a total score of 24. Mitchell girls won the meet with 74 points and Springs Valley with 57 points. 

The scorers for the Rams were senior Carley Higgins, who placed first in the 400, second place finish for the Rams was the 3200-meter relay consisting of sophomore Jone Aristi, freshman Ada McSpadden, freshman Addie Payton, and senior Carley Higgins. 

Second-place individual finishes for the Rams were junior Jericho Hopper in the discus and sophomore Jone Aristi in the 800. The 1600-meter relay got second, and the team consisted of freshman Ada McSpadden, freshman Addie Payton, sophomore Jone Aristi, and sophomore Tori Patton. The third-place finishes were junior Jericho Hopper in the shot, freshman Addie Payton in the 800, and senior Lily Stroud in the 200 meters.

On Friday, April 12, the Rams Baseball team traveled to Mitchell and lost 7-2. Leading the Rams was freshman Justin Thornton, who went one for two with a home run, senior Trey Rominger, who went one for three with a single; and sophomore Kirkland Hughes, who went one for three, also with a single. Next for the Rams is away at Eastern Greene on Monday, April 15.

“We played well tonight. “Cooper Spires did a nice job pitching tonight as well as Trey Rominger.  Justin Thornton had his first home run of his high school career.  Mitchell is currently ranked # 3 in 2A, and I feel we are starting to play well defensively and in pitching.  Once our bats get going, we will be fun to watch and start winning games,” said Head Baseball Coach Jeremy Payton.

On Saturday, April 13, the Lady Rams Tennis team hosted a tournament and placed third in the meet. #1 Singles senior Maddi Warren lost to Barre Reeve three to six, and one to six. Warren also defeated Madison six to one, and six to zero in her second match. #2 Singles senior Gracie Brown lost to Greenwood four to six, and two to six, for her second match Brown also lost to Madison four to six, two to six, and eight to ten. #3 Singles senior Micaela MacDonald defeated Madison seven to five, and six to two. In MacDonald’s second match, she lost to Barre Reeve seven to five, and six to two. #1 Doubles senior Tesa Paendong and senior Lina Zheng defeated Madison six to three, and also six to three. In their second match, Paendong and Zheng lost to Barre Reeve by one to six and zero to six. #2 Doubles sophomore Ava Hall and sophomore Audrey Hall lost to Greenwood zero to six, and also zero to six, they lost to Madison zero to six, and three to six.

“It was a good experience, because the teams were very competitive, which will help us a lot in the long run.” said senior Gracie Brown.