Lady Rams Dribble Their Way Back On The Court

Team hosts Northeast Dubois; JV starting at 6 p.m.

River Fleming

Ashleigh Garcia, Sports Editor, Web Editor, Senior Editor Assistant, Paolite Staff Writer

Tonight the Lady Rams will start off their season at home against the Northeast Dubois Jeeps. 

While the roster for the Lady Rams is smaller than last year, they are hoping for a successful season.

Seniors this year include Ryleigh Anderson, Cailyn Baechle, Jackie Crews, River Fleming and Amelia Hess.

The underclassmen this year include: juniors Carley Higgins and Anna Radcliff, sophomores Avery Crews, Lilly Hall and Jerico Hopper, and freshman Tariana Burkhead, Kailynn Larimore and Maddie Vernon.

Our underclassmen will have to step up and play important roles to help contribute to our success.

— Jackie Crews

Captains this year are Jackie Crews, River Fleming and Carley Higgins.

“I think we are well prepared tonight but in our next couple games, our underclassmen will have to step up and play important roles to help contribute to our success,” said Jackie.

The team put in the work over the fall doing open gyms to prepare them for tonight.

Fleming is excited for this season and playing with her fellow team members.

“I look forward to having a great senior season,” said Fleming.

The team is currently facing two prior injuries with Baechle, who suffered from an ACL tear, and Hess, who obtained a concussion during their scrimmage last week against North Harrison.

“(The concussion is) definitely a setback. I will have to work extra hard after I am cleared to get back to where I was. I am ready to be back and playing the game,” said Hess.

The junior varsity will play starting at 6 p.m. with varsity to follow.