Choir Students Prepare for Their First Show

Joz Kempf, Paolite Staff Writer

On October 10 at 6 p.m., the Paoli High School choir will be performing their first show of the year, An Autumn to Remember

Three choirs from PHS will be performing at the event. First, the junior high choir will be singing “Why We Sing” by Kirk Franklin. Then, the Singing Sensations will be presenting “A Million Dreams” from The Greatest Showman and “When I’m 64” by The Beatles. Finally, the Harmony Singers will perform “Shallow” by Lady Gaga and “For Forever” from Dear Evan Hansen. Together, the three choirs will showcase “Give Me Your Tired, Your Poor” by Emma Lazarus and “Thriller” by Michael Jackson. 

“Students have been working really hard to give a mixture of music from modern to music from musicals and some classic rock and pop. We try to do a variety of music for everyone to enjoy. There will definitely be something in our concert will connect to and enjoy,” said Choral Director B.J. Crowder. 

During the show, donations will also be collected. Junior Libby Padgett from The Harmony Singers is preparing to go to The National American Miss beauty competition in Anaheim, California over Thanksgiving break, and the money collected will help fund that trip.

“Admission is completely free, but we will be taking donations to help a choir member, Libby Padgett get to nationals for a beauty pageant in California,” said Crowder.

The choir is still hard at work in the weeks leading up to their concert. More information will be posted in the hallways of PHS as the date grows closer.