Villains Victorious

Villains Victorious

Ashleigh Garcia, Paolite Staff Writer

First Big Musical after COVID a Success

From December 2-4, drama club students presented “Descendants”, their fall musical based on a Disney film of the same name. In total, 420 tickets were sold over the three nights, making it one of the most attended production in the club’s history.

Drama director Maria Wishart was appreciated of all of the parents, staff and the kids who participated.

“I think the play went wonderfully. We had a wide range of age ranges and experience levels both on the stage and backstage. Everyone contributed something to make it a fabulous show,” said Wishart.

The play showcased the talents of eleven seniors, as it is their final year being with their drama family.

Senior Taylor Becht just joined drama this year and landed a major role in the Descendants production. She performed as the main villain, Maleficent.

“From this musical I gained confidence and new-found friendships that will last a life time. I wouldn’t take it back for anything,” said Becht.

The production featured a talented cast of about 50 students from both the high school and elementary schools.

On the night of the last show, Wishart was also honored by drama club students both past and present, as this production marks her 20th year as the drama club director and 50th show at PHS.

School board member Craig Starr and former member Roger Moon presented Wishart with an award.

“Maria, here you are being honored between a Moon and a Starr,” joked Moon.