FFA Put In The Work

Ag teacher Kyle Woolston takes his FFA members to the Indiana State Fair to help at a Pork Booth

Taisha Robbins, Paolite Staff Writer

FFA members traveled to Indianapolis on Thursday, August 10 and Friday, August 11 to work at the Indiana State Fair Pork booth. A total of 12 students went on these trips, with members splitting into two groups to cover both days separately.

Eighth graders Joe McDonald and Cooper Woolston, freshmen Billy Bob Apple, Graydon Padgett and Hannah Chesnut, sophomores Keeley Scott and Mary Cook, juniors Josie Crawhorn and Ruby Chesnut and seniors Tucker Hooten and Taylor Lashley took turns working shifts.

Previous participation within the chapter enabled students to take part in this opportunity. This is the second year that Ag teacher Kyle Woolston has supervised this learning experience.

“This is an awesome experience for students to be able to support and learn from the Indiana Pork organization. The students served the state fair attendees at the pork booth for most of the day and then got to experience some of the fair afterwards,” said Woolston. 

Moving forward, the students will be able to use the skills learned at the pork booth when going out into the community and when competing in upcoming FFA competitions.