Pride Returns to Indy for State Finals

Band to perform at 6:10 p.m. at Lucas Oil Stadium

Olivia McSpadden

Band members ride around the square after competing at Semi-State.

Ellie Sims, Paolite Staff Writer

On Saturday, November 5, the Pride of Paoli band will be performing at the ISSMA State Finals at the Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.
All Orange County marching bands made it to state this year in open Class D. The Springs Valley Blackhawk Brigade will perform first at 5:10 p.m. Orleans Bulldogs will follow at 5:55 p.m. and the Pride of Paoli will round out Orange County performances at 6:10 p.m.
The awards ceremony will then begin at 7:10 pm and should be expected to conclude at 7:55 p.m.
The Pride of Paoli has attended the ISSMA State Finals for many consecutive years, and although all of our seniors have performed in the Lucas Oil years prior, this year is different.

We had a really strong start and we have kept pushing it until now.

— Senior AJ Lopez

“This season is going really great, we had a really strong start and we have kept pushing it until now, which is helping us see the progress we have made,” said senior member A.J. Lopez.
As this is Lopez’s last performance with the Pride of Paoli, he promises to try his best to bring home the gold.
Senior Brody Wilcox is also rounding out his last season with the Pride and he is grateful for everything the band has offered him, regardless of the outcome at state.
“I feel excited and at the same time I am very nervous. [I am] a little bit sad but that is fine with me because of all of the amazing memories I have had with the band so far and it’s going to stay with me forever. It will all be worth it after Saturday night,” said Wilcox.

It will all be worth it after Saturday night.

— Senior Brody Wilcox

To attend, it is required to buy tickets in advance on any mobile device, which are $22 for adults and $18 for students. Children under the age of 2 will be free.
Gates open at 9 a.m. and performances will begin shortly after at 9:15 a.m.
For the guests, public parking will be available throughout the downtown area and surrounding the stadium. Programs will be available for purchase for $5 each along with t-shirts for $25. For lunch and dinner, there will be many options at the concession stands throughout the stadium.
Although parents may want to record their children during their performance, due to copyright laws, it is strictly prohibited to videotape any show. It is also strictly prohibited that any guest brings bottles, cans, liquor containers, weapons, coolers, large purses, backpacks, horns, artificial noisemakers or signs/banners. The bringing of any of these items will result in expulsion from the ISSMA event.