Sectional Battle Brings Lady Rams Season to a Close

Olivia McSpadden

Senior Amelia Hess brings the ball up the court during the Sectional Championship.

River Fleming, NP Design Editor, Editor in Chief

The first round of Sectional for the Lady Rams started on Wednesday, February 1 at Eastern Greene High School. The team faced the North Daviess Cougars and were victorious, with a final score of 31-46.

Senior Ryleigh Anderson led the way with 16 points, three rebounds, and an assist.

Round two of the Sectional was on Friday, February 3, against Sullivan Golden Arrows. The Lady Rams finished the game with a final score of 29-60, advancing to the Sectional Championship.

Senior Jackie Crews led the team in this game, with 17 points, four rebounds, and five assists.

The Sectional Championship was on Saturday, February 4. The Lady Rams faced the North Knox Warriors.

Junior Carley Higgins was the team leader with 11 points, four rebounds, and one assist.

The Lady Rams lost by five points, with a final score of 24-29.

It was a tough way to end the season. My teammates and I couldn’t have played any better than we did.

— Senior Jackie Crews

“It was a tough way to end the season. My teammates and I couldn’t have played any better than we did,” said Crews. “I was glad to get to the championship game so the underclassmen could get a taste of how special it is.”

The team graduates five seniors, including Ryleigh Anderson, Cailyn Baechle, Jackie Crews, River Fleming and Amelia Hess.

The Lady Rams ended their season with an overall record of 16-11, finishing 5-1 in the PLAC.

The team was named co-conference champions, sharing the title with Springs Valley.