FFA To Host Chicken Dinner Sale

PHS Media Staff

Make sure you’re following PHS Media News for all your Announcements and School updates.

Carley Higgins, Paolite Staff Writer

This year is the start of what hopefully will be a new tradition for the Paoli FFA chapter.

As a new way to bring in money for the Chapter, the officer team started brainstorming fundraisers to bring in money. They ended up deciding on a chicken dinner sale.

“I think that this could be the start of something good for FFA. I think it will be a big hit with everyone and will be successful because everybody likes chicken,” said FFA Advisor Cory Scott.

The FFA members got their tickets and sold them from January 30 to February 9. The members sold dinners for $10 a piece, including half a chicken, baked beans and potato salad. When everything was all counted up, the members ended up selling 150 dinners.

The next step for the students is to hand out the dinners. The students are putting the meals together and handing them out to the customers. The officer team will be organizing and helping handing out the meals. The meals will be made and handed out February 25, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Tractor’s Supply in Paoli.

“I think that this chicken dinner is a great way for the FFA to raise money and promote our chapter. It’s also a great way for people to show their support, and be able to enjoy a nice meal created by our FFA team,” said FFA Vice President Abby Tapp.

Depending on how it goes this year, will determine whether or not the chapter does the fundraiser again next year. The chapter hopes to continue on with it in years to come.