After Prom Fundraising Continues

If you have any questions about After Prom please see Scott or Spear

PHS Media Staff

Make sure you’re following PHS Media News for all your Announcements and School updates.

Taisha Robbins, Paolite Staff Writer

After Prom is just around the corner and there have been flurries of activities to prepare for the event. Parents of the juniors have had monthly meetings with After Prom Advisors and Student Council Sponsors, Miya Scott and Alexis Spear, to plan for the upcoming After Prom. After Prom will be held here on campus in the main gym. 

The group hosting have a variety of activities for students to participate in including a photo booth, a cotton candy machine, Virtual Reality Stations, an inflatable Twister game, two big Zorb Balls, Sumo Wrestling Suits, a nine-hole putt putt course, cornhole, bingo with cash prizes, pizza and drinks. At the end of the night, many different prizes will be given away.

“I enjoy seeing the kids come and have a good time in a safe environment,” said Scott.

The cost of putting on an event like this is not free. Students participated in the Butter Braid Fundraiser, raising $2,000. In previous years, the After Prom event has cost $4,000.  

There are two more fundraisers to help cover the costs. From February 10-24, the Merkley Meats Fundraiser proceeds will benefit the planning. The other fundraiser will consist of students renting their tuxedos through the Student Council. Part of the profits will go to the After Prom. For after prom to be a hit, students need to help with the fundraisers. 

If you have any questions about After Prom please see Scott or Spear.