Junior High Heads To Rock N’ Bowl

PHS Media Staff

Make sure you’re following PHS Media News for all your Announcements and School updates.

River Fleming, NP Design Editor, Editor in Chief

Tomorrow junior high students will be going on a reward trip to Paoli Rock N’ Bowl to spend the day bowling, roller skating and playing laser tag. 

Students will leave the school building at 8:40 a.m. and return to PHS around 1:30 p.m. 

The group will also eat lunch at Rock N’ Bowl. Students not interested in eating at the bowling alley should plan to bring a sack lunch or a to-go lunch from the cafeteria.

In order to attend the trip, students must have no F’s, no in-school suspension days, or out-of-school suspensions. In total, 136 students from both grades have qualified to attend the reward trip.

The purpose of the junior high field trip is to provide a little added motivation for students to stay on top of their grades and their behavior while at school. The idea for the reward field trip grew out of the need to try and cut down on the number of F’s we were seeing from our students in junior high,” said eighth grade Social Studies teacher Aaron Reckelhoff. 

Students not meeting the requirements will remain at PHS for the school day. These students will use their class time to work on make-up assignments, work on Get More Math, and practice for the I-Ready test. They will also participate in some PE activities as well as play games in homeroom.