Nichols Prepares to Take on Europe

Junior+Dyson+Nichols+will+travel+outside+of+the+country+to+the+United+Kingdom%2C+France%2C+Germany%2C+Switzerland%2C+and+Austria+to+continue+his+studies+and+love+for+the+performing+arts.+

Junior Dyson Nichols will travel outside of the country to the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Switzerland, and Austria to continue his studies and love for the performing arts.

Ellie Sims, Paolite Staff Writer

This summer, junior Dyson Nichols will be traveling to Europe for performing arts, various concerts, and exploring European culture. Nichols has been involved in theater, band, and fine arts his whole life. Thanks to his dedication to the arts, Nichols has been granted an amazing opportunity to travel outside of the country to the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Switzerland, and Austria to continue his studies and love for the performing arts. 

Nichols trip begins on June 1, and intends to return home on July 3 with the performing arts program, Music Ambassadors of Indiana

The program celebrates talented student performers from across the nation, giving them the chance to both share their music abroad while experiencing breathtaking destinations across Europe. 

Nichols will be sharing the experience with about 30-35 other students from Indiana. However, the only other student he knows is his friend Trevor Giles from Northeast Dubois. 

Although this is not Nichols’s first trip outside of the US, he is most excited to visit Britain.

“I am going to see Big Ben and that has always been a wish of mine,” said Nichols.  

The biggest plans he has so far for the trip are a visit to what’s left of the Auschwitz concentration camp and intermittent concerts across the continent. 

As the trip lasts about three weeks, Nichols recently bought a new suitcase to pack all of his luggage and necessities for the long journey. 

“I have not started packing yet, but the excitement is building up for the day I do,” said Nichols. “We will be staying in various hotels, and travel buses, notably one in the Swiss alps, which has a beautiful sunrise.”