AG Students Go To Indiana State Fair

Students Helped Indiana Pork Producers
Courtesy Photo
Pictured from left: Jalynn Chandler, Rachel Sandt, Billy Apple, Keegan Cox, Malachi McCoy and Joseph Miller.

The school is already starting with field trips, specifically agriculture classes. On August 17 and 18, Agriculture Science and Business teachers Samatha Goen and Cory Scott took students to the Indiana State Fair.

The students helped and worked with the Indiana Pork Producers. This has been a field trip for a few years now and the plan is to continue taking the trip in the future. The students go up to the State Fair for the day, where they work at a booth.

“The trip helps them see the importance of creating partnerships with groups and organizations that, in turn, support what we are doing. It is also important to help others and develop a service mentality,” said Scott.

The overall purpose of this field trip is to raise money for the school’s FFA program. Another main reason for this trip is for the students to get work experience and help out the booths at the fair.

Paoli FFA will be taking more field trips in the future as well. If anyone is interested in attending these field trips, you must enroll in one of Scott’s or Goen’s classes.