Annual Photo Show Returns
Annual Photo Show Returns
Lola Beavers, Paolite Staff Writer • May 2, 2024
The JAG Closet is setting up for the giveaway to be held May 2-3.
Summer is Coming
Ian Sullivan, Video Creator • May 1, 2024

(812) 723-3905

Return Of The Chuck A Duck

Booster Club Adds Funds and Fun
Heather Nichols
The most recent chuck a duck event

On Saturday, December 2, the PHS Booster Club brought back the Chuck-a-Duck fundraiser to raise money for the club.

Booster club sponsor Chris Jones explains where the money raised goes after the event.

“Whoever wins gets half of the money. The rest goes into the Booster Club account and is used to buy decorations for important events. The money is also used for the Rocky Ram mascot costume and the Ram Cans,” said Jones.

One of the Rocky Ram mascots, Eliza Ross, understands firsthand how important the costume is to the Booster Club.

“The mascot costume is very special to me. After every game, the head is cleaned, and the suit is washed every couple of weeks. Being supported by the Booster Club is one of the best parts because Rocky always has people to have fun with during games,” said Ross.

This simple fundraiser helps keep the Booster Club doing all the projects the students enjoy.

“We are able to raise a significant amount of money without having to sell or make our members work too much,” said Jones.

Booster Club Secretary Carley Higgins enjoys hosting the fundraiser when she is at the games. 

“I think it is a very fun way for people to get involved in a fun game, all while helping raise money for booster club. All ages do it, which I think is cool,” said Higgins.

The group has made the duck fundraiser look easy. 

“Two Booster Club members sit and sell ducks from the beginning of JV to Varsity halftime. During halftime more members pull the target onto the court to let everyone chuck their ducks. A winner is picked and they earn half of the sales money,” said Jones.

The next chuck-a-duck event will be held during Varsity halftime on January 12 at the Homecoming game.