Prom Photo Booth 2024
Prom Photo Booth 2024
Kylie Flannery, Photographer • April 24, 2024
A group poses at the 2024 Grand March
Grand March 2024
Kylie Flannery, Photographer • April 23, 2024

(812) 723-3905

Second Show Grows Talent

Lindley Reflects on Annual Event; Plan Changes
Olivia McSpadden
The “Treblemakers” perform a lip-syncing and dance number at the talent show.

Back on January 3, the Paoli Talent Show was held during the early release day. The event was coordinated and hosted by Chris Lindley and his committee.

“I think everyone hopes we continue the PHS’s Got Talent! show next year.  It seems very popular,” said Lindley.

After this year’s event, Lindley has stated changes he believes need to be considered for next year. Lindley stated in the future, the event may need to show 10-12 of the top performers for time restraints. He also stated that they will encourage staff participation, but judged as a separate category. Another thing he plans to do is to make a rubric for the judges so the students know what they’re being judged on.

“I liked having the judges as they added a more official show-like approach. They had very complimentary things to say about the performances and the students’ willingness to stretch themselves outside their comfort zone,” said Lindley.

The overall goal of the Talent Show for Lindley is to increase students’ opportunities to present something and gain confidence. 

“In fact, over 80% of the students in our follow-up survey noted that self-confidence was the number one employability skill the performers had to have, followed by self-confidence (61%) and professionalism (38%),” said Lindley.

Lindley also wants to change the performance stage for the students involved. 

“My vision for the next Talent show is having a committee to help me jazz up the stage and make it more like a TV show set, lights, balloons, etc. to get the vibe going!”