Distinguished Sites Banner
Rocky the Ram gets escorted out by her security guards.
Rammy's Return to Honor Teachers
Tyler Hannon, Staff Writer • May 14, 2024
News to Know graphic.
Senior Say Farewell
TyLynn Taylor, Staff Writer • May 14, 2024

(812) 723-3905

LRCC Earns Recognition

Olivia McSpadden
A view of the LRCC Building.

Lost River Career Cooperative (LRCC) is a Career and Technical school that Paoli Schools is a member of. The programs provide CTE to enable students to meet their career goals. The LRCC also writes grants to help supply schools with the resources they need to teach students the skills they
required for their future jobs and careers. At Paoli, students can access numerous CTE pathways: Welding, Construction, Automotive, Digital Design, Computer Science, Engineering, Health Science, Fire Science, Criminal Justice, and CDL.

This spring, LRCC placed 8th in school ratings compared to the other districts. The distinction shows how well the CTE schools are preparing students for their future careers. The scoring for this particular leaderboard is similar to normal high schools, and is graded through student performance. The grading indicators include: Four-Year Graduation Rate, Extended-Year Graduation Rate, Academic Proficiency in ELA, mathematics, and science, Post-Program Placement, Non-traditional Program Concentration, Attained Recognized Postsecondary Certification, Attained Recognized Postsecondary Dual Credit, and Participation in Work-Based Learning.

“When I look at these rankings it reinforces to me the fact that we are doing the right things for all of our students to excel upon graduation here at LRCC,” said LRCC Director Kevin Knies.

This ranking helps ensure students, parents, the community, and local industries that future generations will be prepared with the knowledge they need for their future careers and jobs.