Distinguished Sites Banner
Rocky the Ram gets escorted out by her security guards.
Rammy's Return to Honor Teachers
Tyler Hannon, Staff Writer • May 14, 2024
News to Know graphic.
Senior Say Farewell
TyLynn Taylor, Staff Writer • May 14, 2024

(812) 723-3905

PHS Climbs to 66th: Best of OC

Heather Nichols
News to Know

The U.S. News & World Report High School rankings recently came in, and Paoli Jr. Sr. High School ranked 66th in Indiana for top high schools out of 395 schools in the state of Indiana.

“We just want to continue providing a high quality college prep curriculum and numerous dual credit opportunities for our students. It is always nice to be recognized for your efforts. This is another excellent way to market our school and its successes,” said Superintendent Greg Walker.

This is an improvement from last year, where Paoli ranked 91st. Paoli’s new ranking also beats many of the other schools in the area, and is the highest ranking high school in Orange County. The system used to determine a ranking is based on a number of academic factors. These factors include placement testing participation and success, college readiness, under-served student performance, and graduation rate. Of these factors, Paoli particularly excelled at State Assessment Performance, which placed the school at 13th in the State for this criteria, and 559th nationally, out of 17,655 total high schools in the country.

In Orange County, Paoli was ranked 66th in the state, Springs Valley was ranked 150th, and Orleans was ranked between 307th-395th.

“As principal of Paoli Jr. Sr. High School, I am incredibly proud of our school community for achieving this remarkable milestone. Ranking 66th in Indiana is a testament to the dedication and hard work of our students, teachers, staff, and families. This places PHS in the top 30% percentile in the nation which speaks volumes for our entire school community,” said Principal Ed Wagner.