Prom Photo Booth 2024
Prom Photo Booth 2024
Kylie Flannery, Photographer • April 24, 2024

(812) 723-3905

News to Us: Pride Ends Season with Third Place Finish

On Saturday, November 2, The Pride of Paoli went to Lucas Oil Stadium for State Finals. The Pride earned a third place finish in Class D.

Tied for fifth were Adams Central/Monroe and Monrovia, at fourth was Lewis Cass, at third was Paoli, in second was Springs Valley, and finally in first was Forest Park. Other bands that made it all the way to state were; Orleans, Eastern, South Spencer/Rockport and Mater Dei/Evansville.

Some Pride supporters did not believe they deserved the loss.

“They kept dropping their flags, and they had little small throws while ours were way in the air,” said eighth grade color guard member Heather Estes.

Directors Bill Laughlin and Chad Brinkman both reflected positively on the band’s fantastic season.

“While the top place went to Forest Park, all three bands had their best show of the season on that floor on that day! Bravo!” said Laughlin, who was very proud and continued to say, “One of the greatest aspects of the State Finals performances, from all of the bands, could be found in the audience reaction to all of the shows.”

Brinkman was also very proud of the band this year.

“It was another great season for the Pride this year.  Definitely one of the strongest bands we have had since I arrived (six years ago). Making State Finals is an amazing feat each year it happens,” said Brinkman. “Just being placed among the top 10 bands and getting to march on the Lucas Oil Stadium field is quite an honor.”

There are some people who think The Pride of Paoli deserved better, and there are others who think that they did great and making it to state was great and they couldn’t have asked for more.

Band_MoB
Senior Hannah Thill plays the mellophone during the Pride’s show.

Story by Haley Roach
Photo by Morgan Babcock