Service Club Returns

Tri-Hi-Y is up and running again, for more information contact Maria Wishart.

PHS Media Staff

Make sure your following PHS Media News for all your Announcements and School updates.

Aurora Hays, PHS News Today Staff

Sponsor Maria Wishart poses with a hat she made last year during Tri-Hi-Y.

Tri-Hi-Y is a nonprofit service club that does a variety of projects to help people in the community and around the world. The club is sponsored by high school English teacher Maria Wishart.

The club helps by donating to charities and other organizations. In past years, Tri-Hi-Y has tied blankets for Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) to give to kids, donated toys and activity books to give to children in Norton’s Children’s Hospital in Louisville, raised money for tornado relief in Kentucky, donated to charities that perform surgeries to cure blindness and repair cleft palates and much more. This week, the club started making Halloween cards for residents at Paoli Health and members of the club are learning to crochet hats for cancer patients going through treatment.

I am excited to have enthusiastic participants — some returning from last year and several new people.  Everyone is ready to start serving!  I have two returning officers who help lead the way and keep things organized, [junior] Taisha Robbins and [senior] Serenity Sweet,” said Wishart.

Students interested in helping can contact Wishart @ [email protected] to get added to the email list or join the Tri-Hi-Y Google Classroom with code: gbiymp2.