Paoli Football Helps Throughout Community

Courtesy Photo

Head Coach Neil Dittmer and sophomore Garrett Hickman and freshmen Trey Minton and Wyatt Baker pose with a family they helped in the community.

On Saturday, February 4, members of the football team, along with Coach Neil Dittmer, helped out a local family move into a new home. This is not a new venture for the football team, as they have helped with community service many times in the past. 

“They did a fantastic job. I’m very proud of them, our school, and the impact we can have in our community,” said Dittmer.

Dittmer was very proud of the players’ work for the community. 

We had several football and basketball players helping us out. Marty Higgins, Camron Meehan, Jeremiah Hutcheson, Coy Busick, William Baker, Garrett Hickman, Trey Minton, Wyatt Baker all helped this family move,” said Dittmer.

I’ve always believed in giving back to our community whenever you have the opportunity.

— Varsity Football Head Coach Neil Dittmer

The family was very excited to see the work that had been done. 

Just seeing the look on their faces on how happy they were to be in their new home, to have something of their own, and be able to call a new place home was very nice to see. They were very thankful, and very happy to receive the help they got,” said Dittmer.

Dittmer is always happy with helping out, and enjoys helping out the community in any way he can. 

“I’ve always believed in giving back to our community whenever you have the opportunity. This was a family that had a need, they didn’t have family in the area, they didn’t know too many people in Paoli, and they needed to be in their new home. Part of our #BeExcellent philosophy is being leaders in our community. These young men were excellent and I am very thankful that they were willing to give up their time to help Herman and Robin.”

Dittmer’s main goal with these jobs is to promote a helpful community. 

One of our standards of being excellent is being excellent in our community. These are people who are gonna come out and watch football games. They’re gonna come to support these kids, and they need to go and show themselves, and be around the community to realize how important Paoli is, and how great of a town it is,” said Dittmer.