(812) 723-3905

Rams Poised to Join the Club

Cole and Rominger Shooting for 1000 Points

The 1,000 Point Club recognizes student-athletes who have scored 1000 points or more in their high school basketball career. Currently, there are 23 members of the club, but the Rams hope to add two more this season. 

Junior Fletcher Cole shoots a layup against the West Washington Senators. (Olivia McSpadden)

Junior Fletcher Cole and senior Trey Rominger are within striking distance of the milestone.

Cole, who has started every game for the Rams for the past three years, has scored a total of 931 points. Rominger, who has not played the first four games of the 2023-24 season due to injuries, has also been starting since he was a freshman and has a total of 792 points. 

Cole, with 69 points to go, sees the opportunity as a chance to have his name among some of his favorite players. 

“It feels good to be with some of the best in Paoli history and it’s always been a goal of mine since I was little,” Cole said. 

Rominger, who is currently sitting at 792 points, hopes also to achieve the milestone after he returns to the court. 

“I feel good about it, and I hope I can make it to 1,000 points,” said Rominger. Rominger is out due to an injury but plans to return to the court after winter break. He will have 16 regular season games to earn points, plus at minimum one post-season game to add points to his total. He must average 13 points in each regular season game to cross the mark. 

Senior Trey Rominger takes a shot against the Mitchell Bluejackets as a junior last season. (Olivia McSpadden)

The Rams are currently 4-0 and will face Evansville Christian on Thursday in the Bobcat Classic. If both players meet the mark, it will make them the 24th and 25th basketball player in the 1000-point club, following 2023 graduate Jackie Crews last school year. 

Click here to see the full list of members of the club.