Students To Nominate Staff For New Award

For more information you can contact Rachel Miller she can help if you have any questions about this new project.

PHS Media Staff

Make sure your following PHS Media News for all your Announcements and School updates.

Harleigh Poe, Hillcrest Yearbook Staff

Nominations are now being taken from students and staff members for Staff Member of the Month. The project, organized by Librarian Rachel Miller, is designed to recognize teachers and staff for all they do at PHS. 

A form was sent to all students and staff from Miller seeking nominations for a September winner. The form will be sent every month and a winner will be randomly selected during the first week of the month from the previous month’s nominations. Students can nominate any adult who regularly works at PHS, including teachers, office staff, custodians, instructional assistants, and many more opinions at our school. The winner will be drawn and announced on PHS Media News. Whoever wins will be given a period of free time while a member of the administrative team takes over their position, so you may see Principal Ed Wagner teaching an English class or Assistant Principal Adam Stroud working in the cafeteria.

“We have an amazingly talented and dedicated staff from our teachers and instructional assistants to our custodians and cafeteria crew. I wanted to give them a chance to be recognized and to share their appreciation for their colleagues,” said Miller.

This is a chance for students to vote for their favorite teacher or the staff member you think makes an impact on our school. You might even figure out some staff members that you may have forgotten about since you keep moving up and getting older. For more information you can contact Rachel Miller she can help if you have any questions about this new project.