Lady Rams Rake in Awards

Olivia McSpadden

Senior Ryleigh Anderson shoots the ball.

Senior River Fleming claps after a good play. (Olivia McSpadden)

Although the Lady Rams Basketball team finished their season in the final round of Sectional on February 4, their accolades continued to roll in.

Seniors Jackie Crews and River Fleming were recognized for their prowess both in the classroom and on the court. Fleming was awarded an Academic All-State title, with Crews being recognized as an Honorable Mention.

Seniors Ryleigh Anderson and Crews, and junior Carley Higgins made PLAC All- Conference. As a team, the Lady Rams share the Conference Title with the Springs Valley Blackhawks.

Higgins and sophomore Jericho Hopper represented the Lady Rams at the Indiana Elite North vs. South College Showcase on March 3.

Crews was listed on the Indiana Coaches of Girls Sports Association Second Team All- State squad. Crews was additionally named as an Honorable Mention for the Indiana Basketball Coaches Association/Franciscan Health All-State Award.

Sophomore Jericho Hopper cheers for her team. (Olivia McSpadden)

Crews will take part in the High School Basketball Coaches Association All-Star Game on April 16 at North Daviess High School.

Anderson was Honorably Mentioned in the Hoosier Basketball Magazine for All-State.

As well as earning awards post-season, Crews acquired over 1000 points by her senior year and became part of the 1000 Points Club at PHS. She holds the second highest record in the girl’s basketball program, ending her career with 1288 points.

Overall, the Lady Rams had a very successful season. The team plans to continue on with their success over the summer, and in season next school year.