THE RAM RECAP

A Look at Events from August 14-19

The Lady Rams Golf team kicked off their season on Thursday, August 10 in a meet at home. This season the team has two members, junior Avery Crews and sophomore Alivia Sweet. Since there are only two members on the golf team there will be no team score, only individual scores. At the opening meet, Crews shot a 51 and Sweet shot 58. The Rams then played Tuesday, August 15. The two teammates ended up shooting the same score of 52. The Lady Rams then traveled to Scottsburg on Thursday, August 17. Avery Crews shot a 53 and Alivia Sweet shot a 58. The Rams next match will be Monday, August 21 at Brownstown. 

Senior Raygar Minton tosses the ball as he begins to serve. (Taylor Morgan)

The Boys Varsity Tennis team were going to open up their season on Monday, August 14 against Brownstown but it got canceled because of rain. Their season opener was a home game on Tuesday, August 15 against Salem. The Rams played really well with some great contributors. Senior Raygar Minton won No. 1 singles, junior Jonny Shellenberger won No. 2 singles, sophomore Kirkland Hughes and freshman Blaze Knapp won No. 1 doubles, freshman Klay Turner and Colton Henderson won No. 2 doubles. The Rams hosted Clarksville and beat them 5-0. Senior Raygar Minton won No. 1 singles, junior Johnny Shellenberger won No. 2 singles, sophomore Chad Sullivan won No. 3 singles, sophomore Kirkland Hughes and freshman Blaze Knapp won No.1 doubles, freshman Colton Henderson and Klay Turner won No. 2 doubles. The Rams are looking forward to keeping their undefeated record. Their next match is Thursday at South Central.

The Lady Rams Volleyball team kicked off their season Monday, August 14 at North Daviess. The Rams beat the Cougars in 3 sets. Then the Rams hosted the Mitchell Blue Jackets and were defeated 1-3. The ladies then played in the Henryville Round Robin which they won defeating their opponents 4-0. The Lady Rams now will travel to Bloomfield on Monday, August 21.

The football team walks onto the field. (Olivia McSpadden)

The Boys Varsity Football team traveled to Boonville on Friday August 18 and were defeated 16-26. The JV boys hosted Boonville the next day and were also defeated 0-28. The junior high football team also traveled to Edgewood and seventh grade won 38-0 and eighth grade lost 0-30. The Varsity Rams Football team will travel to Corydon Central on Friday, August 25.

The Rams Varsity Cross Country team ran away vs Orleans, Edgewood, Lawrence county homeschool. There was no team score for the runners. Sophomore Billy Bob Apple and freshman Zaden Taylor finished 20th for the boys. Freshman Addie Payton and sophomore Jonè Aristi finished 8th and freshman Ada McSpadden and junior Jae Walker finished 12th. The Rams next match will be on Tuesday, August 22 at home.