(812) 723-3905

THE RAM RECAP

Heat Cancels Numerous Events; Rams Still See Success
Olivia McSpadde
Senior Ella Spires goes up for a hit in the game against Crawford County.

The Lady Rams Golf team traveled to Brownstown on Monday, August 21 for a meet. Scoring for the Rams were junior Avery Crews with 52, sophomore Alivia Sweet with 58, and senior Miceala MacDonald with a score of 68. On Saturday, the Rams traveled to Eastern Greene for a seven-team meet. Sophomore Alivia Sweet finished with a score of 94, tying for 7th place as an individual. Junior Avery Crews shot a 104, and senior Micaela MacDonald shot a 120.
“The meet went great. I beat my score there last time by nine shots,” said Sweet.

The Lady Rams Volleyball team traveled to Bloomfield on Monday, August 21, and defeated the Cardinals in three sets. The scores were 25-6, 25-11, and 25-15. The JV also won 2-1. The Rams then played Christian Academy at home on Tuesday, August 22, and won in three sets. Scores for the Rams were 25-23, 28-26 and 25-12. The JV lost in two sets.
“I think we have played pretty good so far. We still need to improve in some areas, but other than that we will be ready to go,” said senior Faith Gammon.
To finish the week, the Lady Rams traveled to Scottsburg for a tournament on Saturday, August 26. The first game was against Scottsburg but lost in two sets, then the team played Vincennes Lincoln and also lost in two. In the third game, the team played Corydon Central and beat them in two, the last game was against Brown County, and beat them in two sets. The Rams finished the tournament 2-2.
The Varsity Football team traveled to Corydon Central on Friday, August 25. The Rams won 37-0.

“I think we prepared well for this week. We got all the jitters out and were ready to play football,” said junior Peyton Baker.
The Rams had a great first quarter by scoring 30 points. The second quarter got sloppy with a bunch of penalties. In the first drive of the third quarter, the Rams scored their final points of the night. In the fourth, the Rams kept the Panthers scoreless.

The Rams huddle during the late game at Corydon before their win. (Jadlyn Lee)

The Varsity Cross Country traveled to Salem on Saturday, August 26. Sophomore Jone Iraeta Aristi placed 7th, freshman Addie Payton 28th, and freshman Ada McSpadden 30th. The boys scorers were sophomore JaCoby Piper 27th, freshman Zaden Taylor 34th and senior Kaleb Ruth 57th.
“We are doing great. We’re putting in the time and effort to compete at the highest of our ability. We will continue to improve from now on,” said Payton.
The Rams had many cancellations and rescheduling this week due to the heat. The junior high tennis match scheduled for August 24 is canceled and has been moved to Monday, September 11. This event will still be at Paoli and start at 5 p.m.
On August 21, the Varsity Tennis match with Southridge was canceled and was rescheduled for Thursday, September 14 starting at 5:30 p.m. The Varsity Cross Country meet scheduled for tomorrow at Crawford Country is canceled and will be made up on Thursday, September 28 at Crawford County and start at 5:30 p.m.