(812) 723-3905

Angel Tree Tradition Returns

PACT Prepares for Fifteenth Season of Caring
Cambry Tinkle
Graphic for the PACT Angel Tree program.

The holiday season is quickly approaching, and work on the annual Angel Tree is underway. The Hoosier Hills PACT Youth Services Bureau started the Angel Tree project over 14 years ago to bring gifts to teens at PHS because most of the programs designed to help individuals with Christmas stop at age 12 or 14.

PACT Sponsor Jodi Henry runs the Angel Tree at Paoli. Henry continued the program to help students in any way possible. 

“I love the kids, and I always try to do everything I can to help them and bring a smile to their faces. The Angel Tree program allows me to do both for them and their parents and guardians,” said Henry.

Henry is now taking names to be added to the Angel Tree this year. Once the list is complete, angels will be available for anyone to sponsor. Gifts should be returned to PHS by December 18 to the front office at PHS, and pick-up by families will begin on December 19.

“I look forward to doing this every year because it’s fulfilling knowing I can help make Christmas a little less stressful for the parents and guardians who are struggling. It amazes me to see the community support that plays a big part in ensuring the kids wake up with presents under the tree,¨ said Henry.

If you want to be involved, contact Henry at the high school to adopt an angel and bring some holiday cheer to a student in need this season.