(812) 723-3905

FFA Thrives Under New Leadership Committee

Making strides in Farm To Table program
Curtesy Of Mrs. Nichols
The new FFA Leadership Committee

This year the FFA has a new leadership committee run by Keeley Scott, Vice President Chloe Smith, Student Advisor Carley Higgins, Sentinel Joe McDonald, Secretary Gracelynn McKibbon, Treasurer Keegan Cox, Reporter Billy Bob Apple. There are also four Senior Advisors from FFA this year Taisha Robbins, Jill Coleman, Abby Tapp, and Jadlyn Lee. 

“So far the year has gone very well. We have had lots of new members and more members participating in many new activities. We are making new advances toward our farm-to-table program as well,” said FFA Sponsor Cory Scott.  

President Keeley Scott leads the meetings, represents the chapter in public relations, and coordinates the chapter’s activities for the year.

As Student Advisor, Higgins is responsible for helping the current officer team with any problems or issues they may have. In the role of Vice President, Smith assists the president when directing the work of the organization. She also presides over meetings when the president is absent. 

As Sentinel, Joe McDonald is in charge of preparing the room for meetings. He is also available to students who are interested in becoming an FFA member. As Secretary, McKibbon supports the president by keeping the meeting running smoothly and guides FFA members with events and other FFA activities. In the role of Treasurer, Cox records and receives funds, keeps receipts, and collects dues. As Reporter, Apple helps the chapter organize plans and helps them in any way possible. In the role of Senior Advisor, Robbins, Coleman, Lee, and Tapp are expected to lead the team in many different activities. The position was created to allow seniors to have an officer position while not being overwhelmed with the role.

FFA is sponsored by agriculture teachers, Cory Scott and Samantha Goen.

“I think this year’s leaders are doing a great job. We have reintroduced many new activities and opportunities this year. I’m excited to see the future of our program as they continue to grow and expand opportunities for our membership,” said Scott.  

Next up for FFA is the Parliamentary Competition and FFA week. Members of FFA are currently planning and contributing to FFA week.