(812) 723-3905

Club Spreads Joy for the Holidays

Tri-Hi-Y Visits McDonald House to Make a Difference
Kylie Flannery
Freshmen Ava Middleton and Sophie Holliday work to ice muffins.

On Tuesday, December 5, the Tri-Hi-Y club went on a field trip to help spread joy to people in need. Tri-Hi-Y club is a service group that makes and or does things to boost people’s motivation, help with their physical and emotional health, and just help people overall.

Twelve students from the club attended the trip, along with the club leader Maria Wishart.

The club traveled to Louisville to visit the Ronald McDonald House the Children’s Hospital Foundation, and the Friends Church in Paoli. Some of the students stayed after school to give cards to the people in the nursing home. Some of the students baked treats for the residents of the Ronald McDonald House and made cards for them. The Ronald McDonald House is a place for the families of children in the hospital to stay while their child is there. This place is free of charge, and it provides families with breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

“My favorite part of the field trip was walking around downtown and making cards for the families at the Ronald McDonald House,” said freshman Addie Payton.

Students also delivered boxes of toys and other things for children to the Children’s Hospital Foundation. When the students arrived at the Friends Church they helped unbox and organize the clothes for the Jubilee Christmas event.

“I walked to the Children’s Hospital Foundation and delivered things for the kids. I also went to the Ronald McDonald house and made cards while others baked. I really enjoyed walking around and donating our time,” said sophomore Kylie Flannery.

Hopefully, the services that the club had given to these places made some people feel better or helped some people. The field trip was a success and the students did a very great job.

“We participated in six activities at four different locations, so it was a productive day of service. The kids were great, very enthusiastic, cooperative, and pleasant,” said Club Leader Maria Wishart.

It would be great to see more help out in the community, be a good person, and contribute something to your community.