Prom Photo Booth 2024
Prom Photo Booth 2024
Kylie Flannery, Photographer • April 24, 2024

(812) 723-3905

The Ram Recap

Senior+Anna+Radcliff+drives+the+ball+to+the+goal.+
Olivia McSpadden
Senior Anna Radcliff drives the ball to the goal.

The Lady Rams Basketball team started their week off home against Clarksville on Tuesday, December 12. The Rams won big, outscoring the Generals every quarter and winning 53-22.

The scorers for the Rams were senior Carley Higgins, 26 points; junior Jericho Hopper, 16 points; senior Anna Radcliff, 6 points; junior Lilly Hall, six points; and freshman Addie Payton, two points. The Rams shot five for eight at the free-throw line.

“I think this win will give us a confidence boost going into the Bar-Reeve game on Saturday,” said senior Anna Radcliff.

The Varsity Boys Basketball team traveled to Austin on Friday, December 15. The Rams won 68-61 against the Eagles. The leading scorers for the Rams were junior Fletcher Cole, 30 points; senior Willson Windhorst, 15 points; sophomore Cooper Spires, nine points; and senior Andrew Kumpf, eight points.

“I think it went well but there were things we could have done better but everyone gave us good minutes to get the win,” said Windhorst.

The Rams will next compete in the Bobcat Classic at North Daviess on December 21-23.

“I am looking forward to playing some of the best teams in the state and showing everyone that we can play with anyone in the southern half of the state,” said junior Fletcher Cole. The Rams will play Evansville Christian on Thursday, December 21, for their first tournament game, starting at 3:30 p.m.

On December 12, the Varsity Wrestling team traveled to the Salem Lions to face off in a dual. It was a tough loss for the Rams; they lost 6 to 52. Sophomore Deegan Brashear won with a pin in the 138 lbs. weight class. The Rams also wrestled several exhibition matches with a couple of victories. Winning in exhibition for the Rams was freshman Wyatt Brashear with a win via pin in the second period at 120 lbs., junior Jonny Shellenberger with a win via pin in the first period at 157 lbs., and sophomore Charlie Higgins with a win via pin in the first period at 165 lbs.

Brashear was the only one victorious for the Rams outside of the exhibition.

“I thought I matched up well with my opponent. I just went out there and gave it my all, and in the end, it worked out well for me,” said Brashear.

The Lady Rams hosted the Barr-Reeve Vikings on Saturday, December 16. The Rams were able to pull out with the win 37-32. After the first quarter, the Rams were up 11-5 against the Vikings, working on gaining a lead. After the first half, the Rams were leading 20-11, gaining more space as time passed. The Rams were still ahead through the third quarter, having 31 points compared to the Vikings 17 points after the third quarter. The final score was 37-32, with the Vikings winning the last quarter and almost returning.

The individual scores for the Rams were junior Jericho Hopper with 14 points, senior Carley Higgins with 10 points, and junior Lilly Hall with 10 points.

“It was a good game. It wasn’t how we wanted to finish it, but we played good for the first three quarters,” said Hall.