Prom Photo Booth 2024
Prom Photo Booth 2024
Kylie Flannery, Photographer • April 24, 2024
A group poses at the 2024 Grand March
Grand March 2024
Kylie Flannery, Photographer • April 23, 2024

(812) 723-3905

Rams Ready for Sectional Play

Olivia McSpadden
Senior Trey Rominger shoots a free throw.

The boy’s basketball team is approaching the end of their season with varsity having a winning record of 17-5, and junior varsity following with 20-2.

Previously this season, junior Fletcher Cole reached his 1000th career point in their game against Mitchell on January 5. Even after reaching this accomplishment, Cole is striving to achieve his other goals before the end of his senior year.

“Getting my 1000th point felt good. It shows my hard work is paying off and hopefully I continue to climb the all-time scoring list,” said Cole.

Senior Trey Rominger recently joined Cole in the 1000 point club. Rominger scored his 1000th point during the make-up game against Perry Central.

“I feel very accomplished to get to 1000 points and it was great when all of my teammates were excited when i got there. Yes it was one of my goals coming into high school basketball and it feels really good to finally reach it,” said Rominger.

This season, varsity also competed in the Bobcat Classic at North Daviess. The boys went 2-1, defeating Forest Park and Loogootee, and losing against Evansville Christian. Senior Andrew Kumpf feels as though the team played very well against the hard competition and their preparation for the tournament paid off.

“I feel like it went pretty well, we played a lot of good teams and it was good competition for us. We prepared by going hard every day in practice and having a lot of competition in practice,” said Kumpf.

Varsity Coach Dusty Cole holds high expectations for the team this season and hopes to bring home another Sectional Championship. Cole is confident in the team and believes they deserve success after all of the hard work the boys have put in this year.

“Every season we set pre-season goals for the team. One of those goals is to win a Sectional Championship. We really like our chances this year. We have a great mix of talent and experience. Our leadership is good and our kids are focused on the goal. We definitely have enough pieces to accomplish our goal. We have a confident bunch that is used to winning. I love the fact that our guys expect to win, but also put forth the work to get the job done. No doubt the sectional draw can sometimes be a factor that plays into the equation, but truth be told, we have no control over it. So, we try hard to only worry about things that we can control,” said Cole.

Senior night for the team was on February 17. For the boys basketball team, seniors Jason Beavers, Kumpf, Rominger and Willson Windhorst will be honored.

“I just want to enjoy every practice and game as it happens. The season is going by fast and I really don’t want it to end. If I had to look forward to one thing, though, it would definitely be sectionals, because they’re going to be in Paoli this year and the gym should be packed for every game,” said Beavers.

Although the season has not yet come to an end, the team has been very successful this year and hopes to continue their success in sectionals. Speaking of sectionals, the Rams drew Sullivan, which they played on February 28. If they win that game, they will play Linton-Stockton, who got the bye, on March 1.