Prom Photo Booth 2024
Prom Photo Booth 2024
Kylie Flannery, Photographer • April 24, 2024
A group poses at the 2024 Grand March
Grand March 2024
Kylie Flannery, Photographer • April 23, 2024

(812) 723-3905

Baseball Team Swings Into The New Season

Heather Nichols
News to know

With winter sports ending, students are turning to spring sports, including baseball, track and softball. This year’s baseball season official practices start on March 11, right after school at Trinkle Field. Anyone wanting to be on the team can come to practice. Students who want to participate on this year’s team will be evaluated in different areas including fielding, batting, base-running, and other areas. 

This year’s team is led by seniors Raygar Minton and Trey Rominger. Both players are hopeful for a successful season. 

“I want to have a winning record and make memories that’ll last a lifetime,” said Minton.

The team is coached this season by Jeremy Payton. 

“This year, I am looking forward to a more experienced team. Last year we started a few freshmen and relied on them to be our key pitchers and contributors at the plate,” said Payton. “This year, we are a year older and have the experience to be competitive with our schedule. Our schedule is a tough one with playing every other day and some of the teams we play are senior dominant teams.”

Payton has the usual expectations about the season ahead. 

“My hope is that we can build on the wins we had last year and improve on that this coming season. Obviously every coach’s hope is to have a winning season, win Conference and compete for a Sectional. I feel if our pitching is improved we have a chance to win all three. With that being said our focus and practice time will need to be important on a daily basis,” said Payton. 

For more information about this upcoming season, students can contact Minton, Rominger, Payton or any baseball player.