Distinguished Sites Banner
Rocky the Ram gets escorted out by her security guards.
Rammy's Return to Honor Teachers
Tyler Hannon, Staff Writer • May 14, 2024
News to Know graphic.
Senior Say Farewell
TyLynn Taylor, Staff Writer • May 14, 2024

(812) 723-3905

A Ram Retrospective

Higgins Heads to IUS for Next Game; Rominger Leaves His Mark
Olivia McSpadden
Senior Carley Higgins signs on to play for the Indiana University Southeast Women’s Basketball team. Higgins signs on with support from her parents Melissa and Chris Higgins and IUS coach Robin Farris.

This season Lady Rams basketball senior Carley Higgins played her last season as a Ram, but will begin next year at Indiana University Southeast as a
Grenadier. Higgins has played basketball since her biddy ball years and her final season was an impactful one for the Lady Rams. This year, Higgins averaged 17.3 points per game, 7.2 rebounds, 3.1 assists, and 2.3 steals per game.

“I had never really thought about playing in college until I had coaches start contacting me to play,” said Higgins.

Higgins plans on majoring in secondary education and plans on being at IUS for all four years. Carley is prepping Higgins college by going to the gym and practicing her shooting. Open practices have started for IUS but Higgins can’t attend right now due to her track schedule. But once track is over Higgins will start attending practices.

To the underclassmen Higgins left behind, she leaves simple advice.

“If you’re going to do something, do it with maximum effort,” said Higgins.

Higgins played all four years for Coach Donavan Crews.

“My favorite part about having Carley as a player is that she was able to block out all of the distractions and she was still able to play her game. Carley gave us everything she had each game and became a great leader her senior year,” said Crews.

Along with Higgins’s basketball accomplishments, she has also been a track star for the Rams. Higgins is currently involved in track and recently took home the PLAC title in the 400. Individually, Higgins has advanced to regional in the 400 every year since her freshman year.

“I’m looking forward to seeing what Carley can accomplish this year, not many runners advance out of the sectional every year of their high school career,” said track coach Summer Hudelson.

Senior Trey Rominger rushes the ball against Valley defenders. (Olivia McSpadden)

The class of 2024 has had other notable accomplishments as teams and individuals during their time at PHS. The football team had a fairly successful

2023 season. The team went 10-2 and won their first PLAC championship since 2018. Sole senior Trey Rominger had many impressive accomplishments for himself. Rominger finished as the Paoli all-time leading rusher, and also broke Paoli’s single-season rushing record, putting Rominger at 11th all-time in Indiana football history, with a total of 6,898 yards in his 4 seasons at PHS. Rominger was also a part of several very
successful basketball teams. During his freshman and sophomore years, the Rams basketball team advanced to Regional.

Other notable accomplishments by the class were accomplished by the volleyball team. In the 2023 season, the Lady Rams volleyball team set the record for the school’s winning-est season in school history with a record of 26-7.

“I think the season went well. I was proud of our team for breaking the school record and I think it was a goodyear to end my high school career with,”
said senior volleyball player Abby Tapp