AVID students recently traveled to Hanover College to learn more about the college and celebrate the end of the year. Here is a look at their trip.
AVID Travels to Hanover
Garrett Cook, PHS News Today Floor Director • April 17, 2024
Growing Green
Growing Green
Lillian Hall, Paolite Features Editor • April 17, 2024

(812) 723-3905

Guard recruting for Winter season

As the Pride of Paoli marching season comes to an end, another group’s season is about to kick start.
The Pride of Paoli’s winter guard will begin with an informational meeting this Monday, November 17. The meeting will be in the high school cafeteria from 3:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. Anyone grades seven through 12 is invited to attend.
To join winter guard, no prior experience is required. Last season there were twelve members including girls and guys.
For anyone interested in winter guard, senior Nikki Ramsey has some advice.
“You just need to have a good work ethic, attitude and good attendance. We will teach you everything else,” Ramsey said.
The group competed in nine competitions last season both in and out of state and expect a similar schedule this season.
“This is my last year, so I want to end it with a great group of members. I don’t care how many competitions we win, I care about performing my heart out at every show and show people what the Pride of Paoli winter guard is really made of,” said Ramsey.
Winter guard can also be a great experience for anyone who is interested in joining the Pride of Paoli’s color guard this coming season.

Story by: Brooklyn Dotts