AVID students recently traveled to Hanover College to learn more about the college and celebrate the end of the year. Here is a look at their trip.
AVID Travels to Hanover
Garrett Cook, PHS News Today Floor Director • April 17, 2024
Growing Green
Growing Green
Lillian Hall, Paolite Features Editor • April 17, 2024

(812) 723-3905

Homecoming Scheduled for Friday

Homecoming week is upon us, and that calls for dress-up days, pep sessions and royalty. Fall homecoming will take place on Friday, September 28.

The homecoming court includes freshmen Bladen Patton and Lillie Warren, sophomores Caleb VanMeter and Madison Shinkle and juniors Aron Busick and Avrey Richards. The senior queen candidates include Rachel Umpleby, Joni Blackburn, Addie Wolf, Gracie Wolf and Madison Street. The senior king candidates are Charlie Meredith, Ty Lawson, Jace Ingle, Nick Douthitt and Tyler Griffith.  

Before school is dismissed on Friday, a pep session will be held to honor the candidates. They will be recognized in front of students and staff as well as participate in a game.

“The senior candidates will be playing a game involving food. I can’t say more because I don’t want to spoil it. After that, the cheerleaders will do a few cheers and there will be a game with different participants from all grades,” said senior Student Council President Emma Osborn.

The candidates will then arrive at the football field at 6:45 p.m. to prepare for the homecoming ceremony. The ceremony will be held before the varsity football game against Crawford County, which will kick off at 7 p.m. Osborn will crown the senior king and queen.

Following the football game, students will take the festivities to the parking lot below the football field for the homecoming celebration.

“There will be a bonfire following the football game. It will more than likely be in the gravel parking lot by the football field, but we’re not sure yet. The fire department will supervise. There will be games, a cookout and music, pretty much like a tailgate party,” said senior Student Council member Emily Leone.

Story by Maggie Vincent