(812) 723-3905

‘Elemental’: More Than a Kid’s Movie

Beavers Gives Thumbs Up to Animated Feature
Disney Pixar’s new movie ‘Elemental”.

In today’s world, there is a lot of news about racism and conflicts happening, which have almost become normal to hear about today. I watched “Elemental”, a kid’s movie released on June 16 this year that tackles these topics.

I expected it to be some cheesy kid’s movie that would be hard to watch; however, for the most part, it wasn’t. I feel like the film tackled love and racism in a very thoughtful way while also being funny for both kids and adults. It balanced everything very well and was a good movie. Peter Sohn directed the film from Pixar Animated Studio.

The movie is about a world where people are elements. There’s fire, water, plant, and air. The story focuses on a girl named Ember, played by Leah Lewis, a fire element who lives in Element City. The city has so much water everywhere, causing problems for the fire elements because the water is dangerous. She plans to take over the shop that her father owns so he can retire, and she can continue her father’s dream but has issues controlling
her emotions. Her inability to control her emotions causes her to be unable to run the shop. It also causes her to run into Wade, a water element played by Mamoudou Athie, which causes everything in the movie to unfold.

The movie score is rated 93%. I rate it a 5 out of 5. It’s a great kid’s movie; it’s not too cheesy and can also make the adults laugh along with the kids in a kid’s movie that is hard to come by.

I recommend this movie to anyone. “Elemental” is a very cute movie that I would highly recommend. It lasts an hour and 42 minutes, and it’s PG and excellent overall. I highly recommend it!