Prom Photo Booth 2024
Prom Photo Booth 2024
Kylie Flannery, Photographer • April 24, 2024
A group poses at the 2024 Grand March
Grand March 2024
Kylie Flannery, Photographer • April 23, 2024

(812) 723-3905

Pride To Compete at State Finals

“Paint Me Purple” Heads to Lucas Oil Saturday
The+Pride+of+Paoli+takes+a+photo+after+earning+their+State+Finals+bid+at+Semi-State+competition+
Olivia McSpadden
The Pride of Paoli takes a photo after earning their State Finals bid at Semi-State competition

On Saturday, October 28, the Pride of Paoli will return to Lucas Oil Stadium to compete in the ISSMA Marching Band State Finals. The Pride will go against nine other schools in Class D and will be the second band to perform at 4:55 p.m. 

This season, the band is led by eight senior members, including Daniel Adams, Cameron Apple, Braeden Campbell, Mark Drzewiecki, Nena Gaona, Trinity Thompson, Liliann Woodsmall, and Lina Zheng.

“I could not be more proud of the band this year, this season has been absolutely fantastic. I’m so excited to perform at state this Saturday, and I know the rest of the Pride is too. We are ready to THROW DOWN!!” said senior Drum Major Liliann Woodsmall. 

Also competing in Class D are the Mater Dei Marching Wildcats, Monrovia Bulldog Brigade, Springs Valley Blackhawk Brigade, Jimtown Marching Jimmies, Tell City Marching Marksmen, Adams Central Squadron of Sound, Lewis Cass Marching Kings, Forest Park Marching Rangers, and the South Spencer Marching Rebels. Awards for Class D will be at 7:10 p.m.

The Pride’s show has three parts: lavender, plum, and royal purple. The theme of part one is the color lavender, which represents youthfulness, optimism, imagination, creativity, energy, and enthusiasm. The second section features “Sunday in the Park With George” by Stephen Sondheim. Part two moves on to plum, representing uncertainty, doubt, and darkness. In this section, the band performs “Adagio in G Minor” by Tomaso Albinoni. In the final section, royal purple, the theme is royalty, regality, hope, and triumph. In this section, the band performs “Pictures at an Exhibition” by Modest Mussorgsky. 

“Going into State Finals, I feel confident that we will secure a high placement this year, and I am glad that we get to advance to state again in my senior year. Things that I am taking away from this season are improvements to my leadership skills and appreciation for the opportunities that my time and band has given me,” said senior Cameron Apple. 

The band earned their spot at the State Finals by earning a Gold rating at both Regional and Semi-State competitions and placing in the top ten at each contest. “Being a member of the Pride has meant a lot to me. Over the years, many of my fondest memories have been made with this group. Being a member of the Pride means supporting each other as we work through the hard times and grow closer as a family,” said senior Lina Zheng.

Tickets for the event are $25 for adults and $20 for kids. Tickets can be purchased on Ticketmaster.com. Non-clear bags are not permitted at the finals.

The Pride performs at Semi-State at Franklin High School (Olivia McSpadden)
View Comments (1)
$475
$1000